Student Account Access
Student to Alumni Transition Timeline
End of Academic Term:
After the last day of your academic term, your status will officially change from student to alumni.
- May Term End Date: 3rd Monday in May
- August Term End Date: August 15th
- December Term End Date: December 31
60 days after End of Academic Term:
Access to some services will expire:
- Licensed software subscriptions: Office 365 and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Licensed cloud services: Dropbox, LinkedIn Learning, Microsoft OneDrive, Qualtrics, Webex and Zoom
- Library Databases
Please see step 6 in the transition checklist to transition these services before you lose access.
Two weeks after In-Person Commencement:
Access to your WFU student Google email accounts will expire.
- Students continuing in another WFU graduate program: Your account will NOT be deleted if you have made your tuition deposit for another WFU graduate program. You will continue to use your existing WFU account.
- WFU Staff completing a graduate program: Your account will NOT be deleted due to graduation, as long as your employment with WFU continues.
Alumni Transition Checklist
Follow these steps to ensure a smooth transition from a student to an alumni.
- Create your Alumni Gmail Account with WakeNetwork
- Set a vacation responder/mail forwarding on your student account
- Transfer your Student Email and Google Drive Files to your Alumni Gmail Account
- Transfer your Contacts and Calendar to your Alumni Gmail Account
- Download Course Files from Sakai
- Download Course Files from Canvas
- How to transition additional services such as Adobe Creative Cloud assets, Dropbox files, OneDrive and more (must be transitioned within 60 days of the End of Academic Term).
If you have any problems with the steps below, please contact the appropriate office:
- Step 1: Wake Forest Alumni Office at email@example.com or 336.758.5264.
- Steps 2-6: School of Business Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 336.758.4126.