Zoom for desktop and mobile is a platform for video conferencing, recording meetings, chatting, screen sharing, and more. Zoom’s robust Breakout Rooms allow you to split your meeting up into 50 different sessions, ideal for team and project-based classes and meetings.
Zoom has several engagement features, including setting your own virtualized background image, breakout rooms, polling, and nonverbal feedback. Take advantage of a seamless Chrome extension integration to make easy-to-schedule meetings straight from your Google calendar with a click of a button.
Request your Zoom Account
- Users will be granted Zoom Basic licenses by default. Zoom Basic licenses are limited to 40 minute meetings.
- Any user can request a Zoom Pro license by submitting a request to the University Service Desk (Zoom Pro License Request Form)
To access Zoom, log in with your WFU Google account: https://zoom.wfu.edu
Logging into the Zoom Meetings Client with your WFU Zoom Account
Some meetings hosted by WFU will require that users log in with their WFU Zoom Accounts. The following instructions will help make sure you are logged in with your WFU Zoom account.
Passwords required for Zoom meetings
Passwords are required for all Zoom meetings (scheduled or hosted using a Personal Meeting ID). Zoom automatically embeds passwords in the meeting URL to ensure participants with the Join link are easily able to join the meeting with one click. To ensure that your participants can join your Zoom meeting, do one of the following:
- Ensure that the “?pwd=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX” string appears at the end of the URL
- Share the numeric password for your meeting with the participants
Integrating Zoom and Canvas
Using the Zoom tool in Canvas adds meetings to the course calendar automatically, shares cloud recordings automatically and prevents students from other courses from accidentally joining the wrong live class session. Click below ot learn more!
Getting started with Zoom and using your Personal Meeting ID (PMI):
- Getting Started on Windows and Mac
- Using Personal Meeting ID (PMI)
- Starting the Zoom Desktop Client
- Getting Started with iOS
- Getting Started with Android
- In-Meeting Controls
- How Do I Change the Video Layout
Information on specific Zoom features:
- Host a Video Meeting
- Join a meeting
- Join a meeting by Phone
- Inviting Others to Join a Meeting
- Enabling Breakout Rooms
- Scheduling Meetings
- Mute and Unmute All
- Sharing your screen
- Local Recordings
- Cloud Recordings
- Getting started with Usage Reports
- Using Dual Monitors with the Zoom Desktop Client
- Creating Polls
- Generation Poll reports