Please Note: All Mac users MUST install Windows to meet the computer requirements for the MBA, MSA & MSM programs.
If you prefer using a Mac, you must also run the Windows operating system and Office for Windows in order to support the software required for your courses. Depending on the model and specifications of your Apple laptop, you will need to use VMware Fusion or Amazon WorkSpaces.
- VMware Fusion runs Windows as an application from your MacOS. It is faster to use, but it takes up space on your laptop and it is more time consuming to set up. (RECOMMENDED for fastest computing)
- Amazon Workspaces is a virtual Windows desktop which can be accessed from a browser or an app on your laptop. It doesn't take up space on your laptop and is quick to set up but it is slower to use than VMware Fusion.
Which Option is right for me?
Please review your Mac’s specifications to determine which option is best for your computer.
VMware Fusion (non M-series Apple laptops)
- Version: MacOS 11.0 or higher
- Processor: Intel
- Memory: 16 GB recommended (8 GB minimum)
- Disk Space: 30 GB of free space
- If your Mac meets the requirements listed above, please submit a request for a VMware License. (Please allow 48 hours for processing)
- Once your request has been processed, you will receive an email invitation to redeem your VMware Fusion subscription.
- Please visit the How to Create a Windows 10 Virtual Machine Using VMware Fusion instructions to redeem your subscription and to install and configure VMware Fusion.
This process can take 1-2 hours to complete and will walk you through the following steps:
- Downloading VMware Fusion and Windows 10 Education.
- Installing VMware Fusion.
- Creating a Virtual Machine with Windows installed on it.
- Installing the Windows version of Office on that Virtual Machine.
- You can optionally install Chrome and printers on the Virtual Machine and customize how your mouse works in Windows.
Amazon WorkSpaces (M-series Apple laptops)
- If you have an M-series Apple computer, please submit a request for an Amazon WorkSpace. (Please allow 48 hours for processing)
- Once your request has been processed, you will receive an email with information about accessing your Amazon WorkSpace.