- All students are required to run the Windows operating system (version 8 or higher).
- Mac Users You MUST install Windows on your laptop to meet the computer requirements.
- Program-specific computing requirements:
Your WFU Account
- You will receive an account activation e-mail shortly after your tuition deposit is processed (allow 5-7 business days).
- You must activate your account within 10 days of receiving this email.
- You must also enable Google 2-Step Verification within 30 days of account activation.
- Visit the activating your account page for more information.
Logging into WFU Systems
- Visit the logging into WFU systems page to learn about key sites you have access to before orientation and will use often during the semester.
- Visit the getting free software page to learn about free or discounted software you have access to as a WFU student.
Next Steps and Helpful Links
- Setting up 2-Step Verification
- Using Google 2-Step backup codes
- Configuring WFU Gmail on your iPhone or iPad
- Configuring WFU Gmail on your Android
- How to Manage Multiple Google Accounts
- Knowing how to change your password
- Password expiration/lockouts
- Knowing how to backup your data
- Equipment available for checkout
- Equipment and locker key checkout policy