WakeNetwork allows registered alumni, parents, and friends to maintain a closer relationship with Wake Forest. Features include a searchable directory of alumni, parents, and friends, Wake Forest news and more. Additionally, the university offers alumni Gmail accounts to all graduates via the WakeNetwork. This is a great opportunity for alumni to maintain a Wake Forest email address after graduation. Your alumni Gmail account is a fully functional Google account with unlimited storage. Before your WFU account is deleted, you have the opportunity to transfer your existing content (messages, files, contacts, etc) to your new alumni account. Transfer instructions are available on the Post-Graduate Information page.
It is important to begin using your alumni gmail account for all correspondence, especially when interacting with potential employers.
- Update your resume to use your alumni gmail account
- Update any active job applications to use your alumni gmail account
Please contact the Wake Forest Alumni Office (email@example.com or 336.758.5264) if you need assistance accessing your WakeNetwork or Alumni Gmail Account.
Creating your Alumni Gmail account, if you DO NOT have a WakeNetwork Account:
- Click on "New User? Register now >>"
Complete the registration form as indicated
- For preferred email, please enter a PERSONAL email address. Do NOT use your WFU student email address.
- Make sure you select "Yes" for the "Create Gmail Account".
- Select a User ID for your WakeNetwork account. This User ID will become the prefix to your new Alumni Gmail Account: [User ID]@alumni.wfu.edu. Many users select "FirstName.LastName" as their User ID.
- Once all fields are filled out properly, the "Register" button will appear.
- Your registration will be reviewed by the alumni office and you will be notified by email regarding your account status.
Once you receive confirmation from the Alumni Office that your account has been created, you may log into your Alumni Gmail Account at http://mail.google.com. Use your full alumni Gmail address, [User ID]@alumni.wfu.edu, when logging into Gmail.
Creating your Alumni Gmail account, if you DO have a WakeNetwork Account:
- Enter your WakeNetwork Username and Password to log in.
- Click on the Settings button
- In the Account Settings section, click on Manage WFU Gmail Account.
- Switch Enabled to Yes.
Please allow approximately 15 minutes for your WFU Alumni Gmail Account to be active.
- Your WakeNetork username will be used as the prefix for your account: [Username]@alumni.wfu.edu
- Your password will be the same as your WakeNetwork password.
Once your account has been created, you may log into your Alumni Gmail Account at http://mail.google.com. Use your full alumni Gmail address, [User ID]@alumni.wfu.edu, when logging into Gmail. If you have trouble logging into your WFU Alumni Gmail Account, change your WakeNetwork password to force the password synchronization process.