WakeNetwork allows registered alumni, parents, and friends to maintain a closer relationship with Wake Forest. Features include a searchable directory of alumni, parents, and friends, Wake Forest news and more. Additionally, the university offers alumni Gmail accounts to all graduates via the WakeNetwork. This is a great opportunity for alumni to maintain a Wake Forest email address after graduation. Your alumni Gmail account is a fully functional Google account with unlimited storage. Before your WFU account is deleted, you have the opportunity to transfer your existing content (messages, files, contacts, etc) to your new alumni account. Transfer instructions are available on the Post-Graduate Information page.
It is important to begin using your alumni gmail account for all correspondence, especially when interacting with potential employers.
- Update your resume to use your alumni gmail account
- Update any active job applications to use your alumni gmail account
Please contact the Wake Forest Alumni Office (email@example.com or 336.758.5264) if you need assistance accessing your WakeNetwork or Alumni Gmail Account.
Signing into/Creating your WakeNetwork Account
- Navigate to: https://wakenetwork.wfu.edu
- Click Access your Network with Google.
- Sign in with your WFU student Google account or personal Gmail account.
- Select your affiliation. (If you have logged into the WakeNetwork previously, you will be presented with the Search tool and your alumni information. You can skip to step #8.)
- Enter your First name and Last name and click Search.
- The system will look up your alumni record and present you with a list of possible matches. Click the one that most closely matches your personal information.
- You will be asked to verify your identity by entering the last 4 digits of your social security number. Alternatively, you can click on the "I'd rather enter my Wake Forest assigned student ID #" to verify your identity.
- Click Send magic link to verify your identity.
- The WakeNetwork will let you know which email address you should check to verify your identity.
- After confirming your identity through the magic link, you will need to agree to the Terms of Service and click Go to my account.
- Once you are logged into the WakeNetwork, click on the Settings in the navigation menu (upper right corner).
- The Settings page will indicate whether your Alumni Gmail has been activated. If it has not been activated, complete the form and click Activate my Alumni Gmail.
- Enter a username. This will become the prefix of new alumni Gmail account
- Enter and confirm your password.
- Enter a recovery email and phone number. This should be a personal email account, not your WFU student email address. This email and phone number will used to reset your password if you have forgotten your password.
- Once your alumni Gmail has been activated, the settings page will indicate that it is active. You can then log into your alumni Gmail account at https://mail.google.com
You will be able to use your new alumni Gmail account to log into the WakeNetwork and WIN after your WFU student account expires.