If you wish to transfer your student Google email and Drive files to your new Alumni Gmail account, you can use Google Takeout Transfer. This process items from one account to the other over several days, so make sure you start the process at least one week prior to your account deletion.
To transfer your Contacts and Calendar, please refer to the article on How to transfer your Contacts and Calendar to your Alumni Gmail Account (Alumni Transition Step 4).
- Open any browser, and log into your WFU student Gmail account.
- Navigate to https://takeout.google.com/transfer.
- Enter a personal gmail address to be used as the destination for your WFU student Gmail and Google Drive data. We highly recommend using your new WFU alumni Gmail account.
- Once the email address has been entered, select “Send Code.”
- You will need to retrieve the code that was emailed from the personal gmail account you entered in the previous step. Locate the email from Google with the subject line of "Verify your account".
- Click “Get confirmation code” and it will open up a tab with your code. Copy the code, and click Continue.
- Paste the code into the space, and click “Verify.” Your destination account has now been verified.
- Select what data you would like to be transferred. You can choose your email and/or Google Drive data. Once you’re ready, select “Start Transfer” and the process will begin.
- Please note: The data transfer process can take up to a week to complete, but it should move the data in the background without any further user intervention.