As instructors start preparations to teach remotely, many ask which tool should be used to facilitate live online classes. There are a wide range of tools available, but the School of Business IT Department recommends using Webex unless you need to use Breakout Rooms.
- Webex is the university's primary collaboration and conferencing tool (WFU deployed a campus-wide enterprise license for Webex nine years ago!).
- All WFU faculty, students and staff have FULL enterprise licenses for Webex.
- Webex is fully supported by the School of Business IT Department.
NOTE: Webex Meetings do not support breakout rooms.
- Documentation: Webex Overview (Meetings and Personal Room)
If you need breakout rooms, use Zoom
- Zoom is a newer conferencing tool that is currently being used for the Online MSBA program and is in the initial stages of adoption at the university.
- WFU faculty and staff can request a full enterprise license by contacting the university Service Desk.
- Full enterprise licenses are not available for students. Meetings hosted by students will be limited to 40 minutes and 3 participants.
- Because Zoom is only used by a small number of WFUSB faculty and staff, not all members of the IT Staff are familiar with the platform and will only be able to provide limited assistance.