- Open the browser of your choice and navigate to: https://portal.office.com
- Enter your WFU email address (you must include the @wfu.edu) and click Next. The Microsoft portal will redirect you to sign in using your WFU Google mail account.
- Click the Install Office button and select Office 365 apps.
- The Setup.xxx.exe file will begin to download.
- Locate the Setup.xxx.exe file located in your Downloads folder. Double-click to begin installation.
- Office will begin the installation process.
- After a few moments, Office will begin a setup wizard. Click Next and Accept to step through the wizard process.
Once you complete the setup wizard, click No Thanks.
- Office will continue installation in the background. Full installation may take up to 10 minutes.
- Once installation is complete, click All done! Office is now fully installed on your Windows computer.
- Open any office application (Excel, Word, or Powerpoint) and it will ask you to sign in. Enter your WFU email, and it will open a tab to log into Google. Use your WFU email and password to login. Once completed, Office will be activated and ready for use.
Modified on: Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 10:43 AM
Office 365 is a subscription-based version of Microsoft Office. Your WFU account allows you to install the following Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Access, and Publisher. You can install Office 365 on five (5) devices. Your Office 365 software will automatically update to the latest version as long as your WFU account is active. Upon graduation (students) or separation from the university (faculty & staff), you will need to purchase a subscription to continue using Office 365.
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.