Please note: Each carrier customizes their Android phones slightly differently. As a result, these instructions may not match the specific configuration for your phone, but should provide a general framework for configuration.
Step 1: Install WFU Security Certificate
Below are instructions on how to download and install WFU's certificate.
Please note: The certificate will need to be downloaded so you'll either need to use data or connect to a different wireless network to do so. Its size is negligible, about 1KB.
- On your smart phone open the link below in your browser.
- Tap the Download button.
- When the download is complete you will be prompted to enter your phone's password, PIN, or pattern to allow the install.
- In the install prompt that appears enter WFU Cert for the Certificate Name and select Wi-Fi for Credential Use.
- Tap OK. You should see a notification that WFU Cert is installed near the bottom of your screen.
Step 2: Create the WFUwireless Profile
Below are the settings used to configure the WFUwireless connection.
- Open your Wi-Fi settings. This can generally be done by going to the Settings App -> Network & Internet -> Wi-Fi.
- Tap on WFUwireless. The settings you need to enter are below:
EAP Method: PEAP
Phase 2 authentication: MSCHAPV2
Domain: leave blank
Identity: WFU Username (everything before the @ in your email)
Anonymous Identity: leave blank
Password: WFU Password
For the CA Certificate tap on Please select and then tap on WFU Cert in the menu that comes up.
Tap Connect and the phone will automatically attempt to connect to the new network. If it is successful it will say Connected under WFUwireless after about 30 seconds.