AV Touch Panel
- The AV Touch Panel is located on the instructor’s podium. Press and hold the splash screen for 3 seconds to display the preset room configurations for the audio visual equipment in the classroom.
Light and Shade Controls *only displayed in Farrell Hall classrooms
- These controls are found in two locations: the classroom walls and the AV Touch Panel.
- Tap Shades to display the shade controls and tap to select the appropriate shade option.
- Tap Lights to display the light controls and tap to select the desired light option.
- Light controls are found on the wall by the instructor’s podium in the WFUCC.
Farrell Hall Classroom Projector Screens *FH classrooms have 2 projectors
- The Auditorium and First floors projector screens are mounted and static.
- On the Second floor and Third floor, projector screens are motorized and will automatically open when the projector is selected on the Touch Panel. To hide the projector screen(s) use the controls found on the classroom walls.
WFUCC Classroom Projector Screens *WFUCC classrooms have 4 projectors
- All WFUCC projector screens are motorized and will automatically open when the projector is selected on the Touch Panel. To hide the projector screen(s) use the controls found on the classroom walls.
Classroom Projector Operation
- Projector will automatically power on when the projector is selected on the Touch Panel.
- The classroom audio visual equipment can be configured to display 1 or 2 projector screens in Farrell Hall and 1 to 4 projector screens in the WFUCC. It can also display different images on different screens simultaneously.
- Tap the desired input (once) and then select the desired projectors. If the input needs to be displayed on all screens, tap each screen at the top of the Touch Panel.
- Allow a few seconds for an input to display on a projector after the input has been switched.
NOTE: If the projector was off, it will take a few minutes to warm up before an image is visible and an image is displayed on the running projectors.
Video Mute (Black Screen)
- The Video Mute button (located at the top right corner of the Touch Panel) controls the display. Tap Video Mute to display a black screen without the projector powering off or going into “Stand By” mode. To resume projection of a classroom device, tap the Video Muted button or tap the desired Input followed by the desired projector.
- The stand along Video Mute button on the far right mutes all projectors with one tap.
- To clear a projector (which clears the input signal and turns the display black without powering it off) press and hold the projector button on the Touch Panel. To project again on the cleared projector, tap the input and tap the projector.
Speaker & Microphone Mute
- The Speaker Mute and Microphone Mute buttons (located at the top right corner of the Touch Panel) turns the audio off. To resume audio in the classroom, tap the desired Muted button.
- To watch TV, tap Cable TV on the Touch Panel and the television powers on.
- Select the projector(s) to display TV.
- To change channels, use the Chan + or Chan – buttons, enter the desired channel number using the numeric keypad, or select one of the channel presets.
Wired Input (for guest laptops)
- To use a guest laptop, connect to the laptop’s video port using the appropriate display adapter found on the podium (VGA, Display port and Mini-display port options are available) and turn on the laptop.
- Tap Wired Input on the left side of the Touch Panel.
- Select the projector(s) to display the laptop image.
- When an image is available on the laptop screen, use the laptop’s keyboard shortcut to toggle the video feed until an image is available on the screen and laptop. This step may not be necessary.
- To use a Wireless connection, tap Wireless on the left side of the Touch Panel.
- Select the projector(s) to display the image if the wireless device.
The projectors selected for Wireless display two options for connecting wirelessly:
- Non-iOS devices can connect using Ditto.
- iOS devices can connect using AirPlay screen mirroring.
- For the instructions for using Airplay or Ditto, click here.
- To use the document camera, tap the Doc Camera button on the left side of the Touch Panel.
- Select the projector(s) to display the Document Camera image.
- Make sure that the document camera power is turned on and the arms are fully extended.
- Place your document on the platform. It should be visible on the screen. The zoom and focus buttons are located on the base of the document camera.
- To play DVD/Blu Ray discs, use the the Blu Ray player located in the Desktop PC.
- To display the desktop computer secured to the instructor’s podium, make sure the computer is on. Tap Desktop PC on the left side of the Touch Panel.
- Select the projector(s) to display the Desktop PC computer image.
- Audio from the computer should feed directly to the classroom speakers. The computer automatically logs in and does not require a username or password.
- The Desktop PC has a PowerPresenter remote to control PowerPoint presentations. The remote also contains a laser pointer.
NOTE: The PowerPresenter remote will only work with the desktop computer. Please do not disconnect the PowerPresenter from the classroom computer.
- The classroom projector will automatically shut off. To exit the Touch Panel at the end of the day, click Close in the top left corner. Click the Shutdown button at the bottom of the following screen.