How to Send a Fax on a WFU Student and Administrative Printer
- Check the Control Panel and press the yellow Clear button to prepare the system for the next task. If a problem exists, contact the School of Business Help Desk for a resolution.
- Load your original documents:
- To use the document glass for single pages or paper that cannot be fed using the document feeder, lift the top of the printer and place the first page of the document face down, in the top left corner of the document glass.
- To use the document feeder for multiple or single pages load all pages face up, make sure there are no staples or paper clips attached and make sure all pages are the same size.
- The confirmation indicator illuminates when the originals are loaded correctly.
- Adjust the paper guides if needed.
- On the printer’s control panel press Fax on the touchscreen.
- Enter the fax number using the following steps:
- Using the keypad on the left, enter “9” to access an outside phone line.
- If it is a long distance number, enter a “1” following the “9” and then the ten digit fax number.
- If it is a local number, enter the “9” and then enter the ten-digit fax number.
- When finished, tap Add.
- Adjust the available fax options as needed.
- Indicate whether you are scanning a 1-sided or 2-sided document
- Next indicate if the original document contains photos and text, photos, or just text.
- Finally, select a resolution. The default is a good choice.
- Press the green Start button.
- The printer scans the pages and transmits the document when all pages have been scanned.
Note: Students have access to fax capabilities by using the Xerox printer located in A02, the area found just outside the IT Department. The School of Business does NOT receive student faxes.