How to Make Copies on a WFU Student Printer
- On the Control Panel, press the yellow Clear button to prepare the system for the next task. If a problem exists, contact the School of Business Help Desk for a resolution.
- Swipe your Deacon Onecard face side up in the black swipe box by the printer.Your account information and card balance will appear on the Touchpad screen. As the copies are made, your account balance will adjust to reflect the number and type of copies made.
Next, load your original documents:
- To use the document glass for single pages or paper that cannot be fed using the document feeder, lift the top of the printer.
- Place the first page of the document face down, in the top left corner of the document glass.
- Use the document feeder for multiple or single pages.
- Before you send any pages through the document feeder, make sure there are no staples or paper clips attached and place the page face up. All pages must be the same size to use the document feeder.
- The confirmation indicator illuminates when you load the originals correctly.
- Adjust the paper guides so they fit against the originals.
- On the printer’s control panel, press Copy on the touch screen.
- Use the keypad on the control panel to enter the number of copies. The number of copies appears in the upper right corner of the touch screen.
Note: To correct the number of copies entered, use keypad, press the C button, then re-enter the correct number
Adjust the available copy options as needed.
- Indicate the desired output.
- Select the appropriate paper supply based the needed paper size and paper type.
- Indicate whether the original document is a 1-sided or 2-sided document.
- Finally, indicate the desired copy output and whether or not it should be collated and or stapled.
- Press the green Start button to run the copies.
- Tap EXIT to log out of your account when finished.
- Printing in color costs $0.25 per side and printing in black and white costs of $0.08 per side. If there is a printing error, you can contact the Help Desk for a refund.
- The student printers in Farrell Hall are located in 343, 244 and A02 outside the IT Department.
The student printers in Charlotte Center are located in the student work area.